Designed specifically for first time brewers or those who want to venture beyond kit-brewing and start experimenting with speciality grains and hops. We start out with some theory and then move into the lab to begin brewing. Each team of students make their own batch of beer which they take home. In addition we'll teach you about bottling with a priming solution. Typical class duration is 4.5 - 5 hours.
Team Building / Parties
This class is a variation on the Partial Mash class with less focus on theory and more focus on fun. A tasting session of various beer styles are also included. We can also tailor the class to your specific needs. Catering can be provided. Team building sessions are held at Eleven Kitchen Venue in Woodstock.
The grand-daddy of home-brew, All Grain brewing is an art and science. This 5 hour class is designed for students who have already made their own beer and want to move into all-grain brewing. We'd like you to have done one of our previous classes or have read (and understood) our All-Grain introduction document.
The DIY option is aimed at experienced homebrewers who simply need the equipment and space to brew their own beer. Our brewing experts are on hand to help with any problems but essentially you're flying solo. Students can either bring their own ingredients or order them beforehand on our website. The duration of this session is 5 hours. Maximum of three people per station.
EquipmentWe have 4 stations, each designed for between 2 students.
Each station has:
- 45 litre mash tun
- 25 Liter and 21 Liter pot.
- 2 gas burners
- Hydrometer and testing jar
- 7 meter immersion chiller
- Sink with cold water supply
- Large funnel
- Large double mesh strainer
- Grain bucket
- Funnels, hoses, connectors etc.
- Insulation blankets and towels
- Spoons, cloths, pot holders, timers, various containers.
- And lots lots more, basically we have everything you could possibly want or need to make amazing beer. If you're not sure about something feel free to ask.
In additionally the students have access to washing up facilities, tea, coffee and a few craft beers to enjoy while brewing (Did we mention our druaght beer instore?)
PricesOur Beginner, Partial Mash and All-Grain classes cost R820 per person. The DIY sessions cost R450 per station (max 2 people). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your session. Vouchers for BeerSchool can also be purchased via the website.
WhenOur classes start at 9:30am on Saturdays. Contact email@example.com to book a session.
- 4 October - Beginner/Partial Mash space available
- 18 October - All Grain
- 25 October - Beginner/Partial Mash
- 15 November - Beginner/Partial Mash
- 29 November - All Grain
- 6 December - Beginner/Partial Mash
- 13 December - All Grain
Beginner/ Partial MashBeginner/ Partial Mash