If you want to get brewing without having to spend hours in your garage tinkering to make your malt mill usable than this is the solution for you. A compact malt mill design that has you crushing your malt in no time. The MattMill Compact Comfort™ maximizes your yield from your grist, while gently providing the perfect husk texture. Poorly crushed malt results in extraction losses during the mashing process and who doesn’t want to have all the goodness of the malt in their beer.
You can’t go wrong with this German designed and produced malt mill and should you run into an unexpected problem, we are here to help. We will service all MattMill™ products in our workshop locally, giving you the peace of mind that you will always have a perfectly working MattMill™.
MattMill™ Quality – Made in Germany!
- the milled texture of the compact rollers (Ø 70 mm / 50 mm long) guaranties life-long maximum sharpness, due to hardened (plasma nitrited according to HRC55) stainless steel; worldwide unique design: gentle to husks, providing great husk texture for a smooth lauter process.
- all parts are designed and manufactured in Germany, each mill is hand-assembled to guaranty the consistent high MattMill™ quality. (Intentionally NOT made in China or elsewhere).
- permanently reliable malt collection without synchronization.
- continuously adjustable 0 – ca. 2 mm via eccentrics.
- solid, closed housing made of aluminum and stainless steel: safe, no experiments, no dust.
- durable and maintenance-free.
- Versatile, easy installation, e.g. mount on a table edge.
- A rubber plate on the mounting lip prevents the mill from slipping during operation.
- various possibilities for individual funnel, a large volume funnel can be ordered separately
- optional crank drive available, or with as standard 6 mm hex bit.
- Performance: up to 3 kg best grist per minute, with a crank about 1-2 kg / min (depending on your fitness) (about 11 gr / rev.)
- Your MattMill™ comes with a handy storage bag, standard 6 mm hex bit and a user manual.
A hand crank and a funnel can be ordered separately.
The MattMill Compact Comfort™ has a thread in the intake opening to securely connect a funnel. Alternatively a used cool drink bottle can be used as hopper.