Sold in 100 gram packs.
GWDistilaMax® GW is an active dry yeast and is recommended for use in the production of grain whisky by fermentation of wort made from wheat or maize. It contains a selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae distillers’ yeast in a highly concentrated and stable form.
DistilaMax GW is suitable for the production of American style whiskies from various whole grain fermentations.
• DistilaMax GW has a short lag phase and ensures a very quick start of fermentation which reduces the risks of contamination by wild yeast and bacteria.
• DistilaMax GW displays good temperature tolerance and performs well from 20°C up to 34°C.
• DistilaMax GW produces a clean congener profile that is well-suited to grain whisky and whiskey
• Fermentation of malted barley for whisky production: 0.50 - 1.0 grams per litre of wort (dosage: 500 - 1000 ppm). • Fermentation of on grain mashes for whiskey production: 0.25 - 0.50 grams per litre of mash (dosage: 250 - 500 ppm).
Instructions for use:
1. 1. For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water
2. Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32°C - 36°C).
3. Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
4. Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference. 5. Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly