All our classes are hands-on, with students making their very own batches of beer that they take home at the end of the session to ferment and bottle. We're passionate about making amazing beer and want to get the world brewing.
Partial Mash (Beginner)
Designed specifically for new brewers or those who want to venture beyond kit-brewing and start experimenting with specialty grains and hops. We start out with some theory and then move into the lab to begin brewing. Each team of students make their own batch of beer which they take home. In addition we'll teach you about bottling with a priming solution. Typical class duration is 4.5 - 5 hours. This is a one day class.
We offer custom BeerSchool classes for smaller groups on any day of the week. One on one classes can also be arranged. These can be Partial mash or All Grain sessions. Please contact email@example.com for more info
EquipmentWe have 4 stations, each designed for 2 students each.
What do you need?
Each station has:
- 25 Liter and 21 Liter pot.
- 2 gas burners
- Hydrometer and testing jar
- 7 meter immersion chiller
- Sink with cold water supply
- Large funnel
- Large double mesh strainer
- Grain bucket
- Funnels, hoses, connectors etc.
- Insulation blankets and towels
- Spoons, cloths, pot holders, timers, various containers.
- And lots lots more, basically we have everything you could possibly want or need to make amazing beer. If you're not sure about something feel free to ask.
In additionally the students have access to washing up facilities, tea, coffee and a few beers to enjoy while brewing.
PricesOur Beginner/Partial Mash classes cost R1050 per person.
Our classes start at 12:00 pm on Saturdays.
Classes typically last between 4 and 5 hours.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a session.
- 19 October 2019
- 9 November 2019
- 30 November 2019
- 7 December
- 21 December