If you want to get brewing without having to spend hours in your garage tinkering to make your malt mill usable than this is the solution for you. A complete malt mill that has you crushing your malt in no time. The MattMill Classic Complete™ maximizes your yield from your grist, while gently providing the perfect husk texture. Poorly crushed malt results in extraction losses during the mashing process and who doesn’t want to have all the goodness of the malt in their beer.
You can’t go wrong with this German designed and produced malt mill and should you run into an unexpected problem, we are here to help. We will service all MattMill™ products in our workshop locally, giving you the peace of mind that you will always have a perfectly working MattMill™.
MattMill™ Quality – Made in Germany!
A complete malt mill out of the box.
- the milled texture of the gnarled rollers (Ø 35 mm / 171 mm long) guaranties life-long maximum sharpness, due to hardened (plasma nitrited according to HRC55) stainless steel; gentle to husks, providing great husk texture for a smooth lauter process.
- all parts are designed and manufactured in Germany, each mill is hand-assembled to guaranty the consistent high MattMill™ quality. (Intentionally NOT made in China or elsewhere).
- permanently reliable malt collection, fully synchronized with high quality friction rings.
- continuously adjustable 0 – ca. 2 mm via eccentrics.
- solid metal base plate.
- high quality, food grade container, functioning alternatively as collection box for grist or as a handy storage box.
- solid, closed housing made of aluminum and stainless steel: safe, no experiments, no dust.
- durable and maintenance-free.
- metal hopper with approx. 5 Lt volume for your malt
- Hopper is secured with a bolt.
- Local service of your MattMill™ – all parts can be replaced –
- optional crank drive available, or with a standard 6 mm hex bit.
- Performance: up to 4 kg best grist per minute, with a crank about 1-2 kg / min (depending on your fitness) (about 17 gr / rev.)
- Your MattMill™ comes with a standard 6 mm hex bit and a user manual.
A hand crank can be ordered separately.
The MattMill Classic Complete™ comes with a base plate, a hopper and a collection box. The collection box also serves as a handy storage box. .