Sold in 100 gram packs.
This vacuum sealed active dry yeast and is recommended for use in the production of grain whisky by fermentation of wort made from wheat or maize. It contains a selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae distillers’ yeast in a highly concentrated and stable form.
Suitable for the production of American style whiskies from various whole grain fermentations.
• Has a short lag phase and ensures a very quick start of fermentation which reduces the risks of contamination by wild yeast and bacteria.
• Displays good temperature tolerance and performs well from 20°C up to 34°C.
• Produces a clean congener profile that is well-suited to grain whisky and whiskey
• Fermentation of malted barley for whisky production: 0.50 - 1.0 grams per liter of wort (dosage: 500 - 1000 ppm). • Fermentation of on grain mashes for whiskey production: 0.25 - 0.50 grams per liter of mash (dosage: 250 - 500 ppm).
Instructions for use:
1. 1. For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water
2. Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32°C - 36°C).
3. Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
4. Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference. 5. Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly